When a sink sparkles, the whole kitchen feels fresher and cleaner. I think this is because our sinks are used so often, they don’t always sparkle. Sinks are one of the dirtiest places in our homes so cleaning them isn’t just about having it look good, but also killing germs and being sanitary. Following are step by step instructions on how to make stainless steel sinks sparkle.
1. Rinse sink with hot water and remove any food or other debris if applicable.
2. Spray a disinfectant cleanser such as bleach, 409, or lysol and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
3. Use soap and water with a non-abrasive cloth and scrub the entire sink. Make sure to rub in the direction of the finish as to help eliminate scratching.
4. Use a toothbrush soap to clean all tight areas such as the edges of the sink, around the faucet, around the drain and the edges of the garbage disposals.
5. Rinse completely and dry completely. Water spots will form if the sink area has not been properly dried.
6. Finish of the sink with glass cleaner and a soft lint-free cloth rubbing in the direction of the grain.
Make sure to not use steel wool, wire brushes, or abrasive pads as they are likely to scratch your stainless steel sink. Some faucet types may have special cleaning needs, so always follow care instructions from the manufacturer for faucets and on your sinks.
If you follow these steps, you should have a stainless steel sink that sparkles! Of course, if you want to have your sink sparkle without the work, give us a call and schedule a cleaning today. One of the items we get the most positive feedback from our client’s is their sparkling kitchen sinks.